Friday, May 15, 2020

Introduction About Myself

Hola, my name is Carlos Diaz. My interest in World History comes from classroom projects where my mother helped us rebuild period scenes from our history books. Rebuilding an Aztec pyramid, to a Zulu village to molding the new Americas out of clay, the world jumped off the paper and into my imagination at an early age. Ever here of Mutal of Omaha or Jacque Osto? They were the tv shows that brought the world (onshore or beneath the seas) into our livingrooms well before there ever was a History or Discovery channel.

My parents are from Puerto Rico. I am originally from Miami, Florida. Not East Coast, Not Southern, Not US... barely.  😁  The 1970s were awkward, crazy, free-minded, and fantastic... remember roller skating rinks? During the 70s, the Cuban migration brought some life-changing activities into my life. From missile bombing drills in our classroom's every season to bright and colorful styles of clothing to South Florida. Tropical rhythm, hand-rolled cigars, mambo dancing, creating a vibrant spice of life to Miami that still holds strong today. MOJITO ANYONE?!  Have moved from east to west coast and now call my Pacific Standard timezone preferred location of San Francisco 🏠 home.   I am coming up on my mid-century point in my own personal history. I enjoy life daily, with friends, family, and especially with myself!

Enjoy traveling to somewhere new and trying things unexpectedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment